Roxanne Meadows (@roxmeadows) is the cofounder The Venus Project (@thevenusproject), an ambitious project looking to find alternative solutions to the many problems that confront the world today and ultimately build an experimental city to design the future of humanity. From 1975 to the present, Roxanne has worked with renowned futurist, Jacque Fresco until his death in 2017.
The Venus Project offers society a broader spectrum of choices based on the scientific possibilities directed toward a new era of peace and sustainability for all. Through the global Resourced Based Economy, and many other innovative and environmentally friendly technologies directly applied to the social system, The Venus Project plans to dramatically reduce crime, poverty, hunger, homelessness, and many other pressing problems that are common throughout the world today.
By training Roxanne is a technical illustrator , architect, model creator and scientist. Since 1985 she has worked on models and designs to improve architectural development in the United States, in addition to numerous films and publications.
The Venus Project has been featured in dozens of publications, news outlets and podcasts and Roxanne personally has presented at conferences and seminars in over 25 countries including joint presentation with with Mr Fresco to the United Nations.
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- How we can transition from a world of scarcity to a world of abundance
- The possibilities of a post-capitalist world
- Why universal basic income is a bandaid rather than a solution to the world's problems
- How and why we need to address climate change
- Why The Venus Project is re-engineering society to suit modern life
- How government perpetuates inequality
- Why Roxanne believes in a Resource Based Economy
- Where we are headed with urban planning and future of cities
- The reason utopia and "too good to be true" are bullshit terms
- How the future looks like in a multi-planetary civilization